if you’re one of the fortunate folks who are able to live and work anywhere at any time (aka location independent or into lifestyle design), CONGRATS!
you’re one in a growing demographic of people who have decided to “Redefine their Reality.”
it’s been a year since i’ve been on the road *i fell in love and decided to settle down for a bit :), but i loved every minute of being able to decide where (city, state, coffee shop, co-working space, etc.) i was going to work from.
however, there were times i missed having my stuff in one place.
when on the road, i either stayed:
- in short-term housing (using AirBnB, hostels, etc.)
- with friends
- with family
and my rooms were always furnished — but usually without office furniture.
- tiring of coffee shops and constantly trying to find affordable co-working spaces
- wanting to work comfortably in my pajamas
i decided to find an cheap and temporary solution.
using items from around that house, which included:
- wax paper (which i found in curiously large quantities in a closet)
- tape (masking, packing, scotch)
- old comics
- a 6 pack of beer box
- an old shelf
- an adjustable piano stand
i was able to create a temporary office that cost me $0.